Organization : Directorate of Higher Education
Scheme Name : Bursary Scheme
Applicable States/UTs : Goa
|You can now ask your question regarding this facility. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Quality Higher Education is the area of concern for the State Government. The Right to Education (RTE), ACT, 2005 implemented countrywide, basically focuses on Primary and Secondary Education
Related : DHE Goa Fee Waiver Scheme For SC/ST Students : www.statusin.in/21528.html
Short Title & Commencement:-
1) The scheme may be called, “The Goa Financial Assistance towards fees for various courses under Higher and Technical Education Scheme, 2014” also known as the “Bursary Scheme”.
2) This Scheme shall come into effect from the Academic Year, 2014-15.
1. Students pursuing College (Higher and Professional) Education in the State of Goa including post graduation shall be eligible to receive the benefits under the Bursary Scheme, provided they meet the eligibilitycriteria laid down in Scheme.
2. The actual grant would be calculated on the basis of the fees paid for each of the course/program and will be limited to the payment of fees and other charges given to the College/Institution.
3. The concerned student shall pay the requisite fees for the course that he/she pursues. The eligible quantum of fees shall be reimbursed to him through direct transfer his Bank Account
4. In order to be a beneficiary under the scheme, the student should have completed his std Xth and XIIth and graduation in case of post Graduation students from an institution in Goa. For benefit under the scheme, in case of post graduate course, the requirement of graduate degree from college/ university from Goa, will be relaxed for degree from Central University, NIIT, IIT, IIM & other statutorily created Institutions.
5. The institutions where the student pursues his studies should be affiliated to Goa University and recognized by Directorate of Higher Education/Directorate of Technical Education, for the purpose of this Scheme. However, the students studying in Government of India Institutions located in Goa conducting Higher or Technical Education courses/ programmes, who are found eligible as per clause 3(4) above shall also be considered for availing benefit under the Scheme.
Financial Assistance Under The Bursary Scheme:-
1) All the graduate and post graduate students, the annual income of both parent(s)/guardian taken together is less than Rupees three lakhs, shall be eligible to receive benefits under the Bursary Scheme.
2) The maximum amount of grant shall be restricted to ? 40,000/- per annum.
3) Only those cases where the total course/programme fees do not exceed Rs. 60,000/- per annum shall be considered under this scheme.
About Us :
The Directorate of Higher Education was established in the year 1996. On establishing it, the College Cell existing in the Directorate of Education was transferred under the Directorate of Higher Education.
The Directorate of Higher Education is looking after the administrative matters, disbursement of salary and non-salary grants relating to six Government Colleges, twenty Non-Government Aided Colleges and the Goa University.
The idea of establishing this Directorate is to provide a single window to service the requirements of the Government as well as Non-Government Aided Colleges