Organisation : Directorate of Health Service
Facility : Planned Family Scheme Registration
Applicable For : Andaman & Nicobar
Website : https://dhs.andaman.gov.in/FamilyWelfare.aspx
Download Form Here : https://www.statusin.in/uploads/26544-Application-form.pdf
|Want to ask a question / comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Do DHS Planned Family Scheme Registration?
Registration under the Planned Family Scheme of DHS A & N Administration is a fairly straight forward and easy process.
Related / Similar Facility : Andaman & Nicobar DHS Planned Family Scheme
Follow the simple steps given below to register under the scheme and to avail the benefits of Incentives provided under the scheme.
1. All girls in the age group of 13-21 years are eligible to register themselves under the scheme.
2. The girl has to be a permanent resident of the A & N Islands.
3. The Application Form for registering under the scheme is available in the home page of this website under the link ‘Download Application”. Click on the link and the form will be downloaded in your local computer as a PDF (Read only) document.
4. Take print out of the Application form in a Desk jet / Laser printer and fill up the details asked for in the form. Sign the form.
Documents Required For Planned Family Scheme Registration
Following documents are required for DHS Planned Family Scheme Registration
5. Enclose the following documents along with the application :
A.Proof of Age – Birth certificate or School Admission Certificate or Affidavit.
B.Category – Pre-42/Settler or 10 years certificate
C.One Passport size photograph.
6. Submit the filled in form with the documents to the office of :
The Member Secretary
Trust for Planned Family Scheme
Directorate of Health Services
A & N Administration
7. As your finger prints will need to be captured at the time of registration, you need to visit the office in person.
8. Your application will be processed and if found eligible, you will be registered under the scheme through the computerized software and a computer generated Registration card will be printed, signed and handed over to you by the office.
9. For further queries, please contact the office mentioned above.
Eligibility Criteria For Planned Family Scheme Registration
1. Eligibility for Registration under Planned Family Scheme :
A. All girls in the entire Andaman & Nicobar islands in the age group of 13-21 years and who are residing permanently in the A & N Islands are eligible for registration under the scheme.
B.The girl should provide proof of Age – Birth certificate or School Admission certificate or affidavit
C. The girl should proof of Category – Pre-42/Settled or 10 years Certificate
2. Girls registered at the age of 13 years will be eligible for following incentives :
A. Literacy Incentive
B. Delayed Marriage Incentive and
C. Long Term Incentive (Small Family Norm)
3. Girls registered at the age of 18 years will be eligible for following incentives :
A. Delayed Marriage
B. Long Term Incentive (Small Family Norm)
4. Girls registered at the age of 21 years will be eligible for following incentives : Long Term Incentive (Small Family Norm)
About the ‘Trust for Planned Family’ :
The A & N Administration had conceived a scheme in 1993 to promote the welfare of women population in the A & N islands and to promote the concept of “Planned Family” to control the population growth in the UT.
The scheme was called with the name “Planned Family scheme”. The A & N Administration approached the Govt of India to provide funds for implementing the scheme.
After a series of meetings and correspondences, the Govt of India gave permission to the A & N Administration to formulate and implement the scheme in the UT, by establishing a Trust in whose name the funds will be provided by the Govt of India.
FAQ On DHS Planned Family Scheme
The DHS Planned Family Scheme is a family planning program implemented by the Directorate of Health Services (DHS) in India. Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On DHS Planned Family Scheme.
What is the DHS Planned Family Scheme?
The DHS Planned Family Scheme is a family planning program implemented by the Directorate of Health Services (DHS) in India. The scheme aims to provide family planning services to couples in India, with a focus on spacing births and limiting family size.
Who is eligible for the DHS Planned Family Scheme?
All couples in India are eligible for the DHS Planned Family Scheme, regardless of income or social status. The scheme is free of cost for all eligible couples.
What services are offered by the DHS Planned Family Scheme?
The DHS Planned Family Scheme offers a variety of family planning services, including:
** Contraceptive counseling and services
** Sterilization services
** IUD insertion services
** Condom distribution
** Menstrual hygiene management services
** Reproductive health education
How do I avail of the DHS Planned Family Scheme?
Couples can visit any government health facility or any accredited private health facility to avail of the DHS Planned Family Scheme. Couples can also contact the DHS Planned Family Scheme helpline for more information and assistance.
Additional Simplified Procedure
There are two ways to register for a planned family scheme in Andaman:
You can register online through the e-District portal of the Andaman and Nicobar Administration. To do this, you will need to create an account on the portal and provide your personal details, such as your name, date of birth, address, and Aadhaar number. You will also need to upload a scanned copy of your Aadhaar card.
You can also register offline at any Primary Health Centre (PHC) or Community Health Centre (CHC) in Andaman. To do this, you will need to submit a hard copy of the registration form along with a scanned copy of your Aadhaar card.
The registration form for the planned family scheme in Andaman can be downloaded from the website of the Directorate of Health Services, Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Once you have registered for the planned family scheme, you will be eligible for a variety of benefits, such as:
1) Free contraception: You will be provided with free contraception methods, such as condoms, pills, and injectables.
2) Free medical check-ups: You will be eligible for free medical check-ups to ensure that you are healthy and that your contraception method is working properly.
3) Financial assistance: You may be eligible for financial assistance to help you pay for contraception methods or medical check-ups.