Organization : NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
Facility : Track PRAN Application Status
Home Page : https://www.npscra.nsdl.co.in/steps-to-join-nps.php
|Want to ask a question / comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Track NPSCRA PRAN Application?
At the time of submission of the PRAN application, POP-SP shall give you a receipt number. After that you can track the status of your NPSCRA PRAN application.
Related / Similar Service :
NSDL Swavalamban Yojana National Pension Scheme
Procedure For Track :
Go to the link of NPS link in NSDL website which is provided above.
Go to track your application status link as shown below.
Here you can find 3 search criteria :
** New Registered PRAN
** Re-issued PRAN
** Re-issued I-PIN/T-PIN
Step 1 : Please select one search criteria at a time.
Step 2 : Enter Your PRAN
Step 3 : Enter Your PPAN
Step 4 : Enter Captcha code shown below [Also you can reset all if anything typed wrongly.You can refresh it when required]
Step 5 : Click on Submit Button
Procure your Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) application form :
“As a Subscriber between the age brackets of 18 to 60 years of age, you can procure your PRAN application form from any of the Point of Presence – Service Providers (POP-SP) you wish to register with. You can also procure the PRAN application form from our website by clicking here.”
“You have to ensure that your PRAN application form is filled up i.e. photograph, signature, mandatory details, scheme preference details etc and also submit KYC documentation with respect to proof of identity and proof of address. For detailed information on NPS, please refer to the offer document prescribed by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).”
Submit PRAN application form to your nearest Point Of Presence – Service Provider (POP-SP) :
You can go to your nearest POP-SP and submit the PRAN application along with the KYC documents. PRAN card will be sent to your correspondence address by CRA.
Submit your first Contribution Slip :
For this, you will have to submit NCIS (Instruction Slip) mentioning the details of the payment made towards your PRAN account.
How To Seed Aadhaar in your PRAN?
Now you can seed your Aadhaar in your PRAN. To add/update Aadhaar in your PRAN, please log-in to your NPS account and follow the steps given below :
1. Click on sub menu “Update Aadhaar/Address Details” under the main menu “Update Details”.
2. Select the option “Add/Update Aadhaar Number”.
3. Submit your Aadhaar Number.
4. Enter OTP received from “UIDAI” on your registered mobile number.
5. After Authentication through OTP, Aadhaar will be linked to your PRAN.
1. Name registered against your PRAN should exactly match the name as registered with “UIDAI”.
2. A Subscriber is required to seed the Aadhaar in his / her PRAN through the above process even if Aadhaar was provided earlier.
3. For Government Subscribers, the Aadhaar seeding process will be completed once the request initiated by a Subscriber is authorised online by his /her respective Nodal Office.
** Toll Free Number -1800-110-069 of Atal Pension Yojana
** Now you can submit FATCA Self-Certification online
** Updation of records during NPS Service Forthnight (NSF)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited and The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) have entered into a agreement relating to the setting up of a Central Record keeping Agency (CRA) for the National Pension System (NPS).
The NPS was introduced by Government of India for its new recruits (except the Armed Forces) joining w.e.f. January 1, 2004. CRA is the core infrastructure for the National Pension System and is critical for its successful operationalization.
The main functions and responsibilities of the CRA include :
** Record keeping, Administration and customer service functions for all subscribers of the NPS.
** Issuing of unique Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) to each subscriber, maintaining a database of all PRANs issued and recording transactions relating to each subscriber’s PRAN.
Contact Us :
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel,
Mumbai – 400 013
Some Important Information From Comments
1. I wanted to know that, once I got PRAN number through online but, my department submitted another application for PRAN request through DDO wise and uniqe id wise. So, we have not submitted my PRAN application to CRA which was submitted by me/self. So please guide me that PRAN number which we have got, will continue for departmental purpose or CRA will send another PRAN numebr to department. I told to department that, I have got PRAN number but, they said that we will submit departmental application for PRAN. Please guide us that what we should we have to do now.
2. I received PRAN Number through CMO,Mathura Office but the name of card holder was Raj Kumar Singh in place of Raj Kumari Singh. So, the same card to be back to CMO,Mathura office for modification. But not received till date after modification. Now a days, I forgot the number of PRAN Card. I obtained PRAN Number to apply for modification.
3.My PRAN has been generated and PRAN kit was dispatched on March via blue dart courier server which I got to learn today itself as there was no information forwarded to me neither via SMS nor e-mail by NSDL (central record keeping agency). Neither the status was updated on their site which I had checked several times before. All off this and inability of blue dart courier server to deliver the PRAN kit to District Treasury Office Kupwara (J&K) for the area not been in range of its service prompted them to return the PRAN kit back to NSDL office Mumbai. The details of which are hereby enclosed. Its hereby requested to your good self to kindly Re-send the PRAN kit on same address at earliest.
FAQ On NPSCRA PRAN
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to NPSCRA PRAN:
Q: What is NPSCRA PRAN?
A: NPSCRA PRAN stands for National Pension System Central Recordkeeping Agency Permanent Retirement Account Number. It is a unique identification number assigned to each individual who joins the National Pension System (NPS) in India.
Q: What is NPS?
A: NPS is a voluntary, defined contribution retirement savings scheme available to all citizens of India. It was launched by the Government of India in 2004 and is regulated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
Q: How can one get a PRAN?
A: One can get a PRAN by registering for the National Pension System (NPS) through an eligible Point of Presence (POP) such as banks, financial institutions, and some other government organizations.
Q: What are the benefits of having a PRAN?
A: The benefits of having a PRAN include portability of the account across employment and location, flexibility to choose investment options and fund managers, and tax benefits under section 80C and 80CCD of the Income Tax Act.
Additional Simplified Procedure
There are two ways to track your NPSCRA PRAN application:
You can track your NPSCRA PRAN application online by visiting the NPSCRA website. Once you are on the website, click on the “Track PRAN Application” tab and enter the details of your application, such as your acknowledgement number or your PAN number.
You can also track your NPSCRA PRAN application by SMS by sending an SMS to 567676 with the following details:
Acknowledgement Number: Your acknowledgement number
PAN Number: Your PAN number
The status of your application will be sent to you as an SMS.
Here are some additional tips for tracking your NPSCRA PRAN application:
1) Make sure you have the details of your application handy.
2) If you are tracking the status of your application online, make sure you enter the correct details.
3) If you are tracking the status of your application by SMS, make sure you enter the correct details and that your phone number is registered with NPSCRA.
4) The status of your application will be displayed on the screen or sent to you as an SMS.