Organisation : Department of tribal Welfare Goa
Scheme Name : Sheti Samrudhi Yojana
Applicable States/ UTs : Goa
Website : http://tribalwelfare.goa.gov.in/
Scheme Details : https://www.statusin.in/uploads/38794-Sheti-Samrudhi.pdf
|You can now ask your question regarding this facility. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Tribal Welfare Sheti Samrudhi Yojana
Financial Assistance to facilitate community level action for growth of agriculture and for preparing conservation management plan of community forest resources.
Related : Tribal Welfare Naisargik Apatti Yojana Goa : www.statusin.in/38787.html
Tribal population of Goa is predominantly dependent on the agriculture for their livelihood. Considering that nearly 70 percent of tribal population live in remote villages dependent on agriculture and marginal forest produce, Agricultural growth will be the engine of broad-based economic growth and development with food security, poverty alleviation, conservation of forest and natural resources.
Therefore there is a need to mobilize the best of science and development efforts including traditional knowledge and modern scientific approach through partnerships involving national and international research institutions, NGOs, farmers’ organizations and private sector in order to tackle the present and future problems of food security and production.
To provide financial assistance to facilitate and support community level action to private voluntary organizations, including farmer’s co-operatives, committees constituted by Gramsabhas aimed at improving food security, reducing poverty, and assuring sustainability in the management of natural resources.
1. Tribal Farmers co-operatives registered under the cooperative societies Act and formed with the objective of improved productivity or for the marketing of the farm or forest produce
2. Committee constituted by Gramsabhas to manage Community Forest Resources under the provisions of Forest Right Act.
3. Forest Right Committees constituted under the Forest Rights Act
4. Village Panchayat in whose jurisdiction the farmers co-operative or Committees under the Forest Rights Acts are constituted.
Benefits of the Scheme
Financial Assistance will be given for running the activities for farmer’s cooperatives or for the committees constituted under the Forests Rights Act :
1) Wages of one clerical assistant and one peon at the rates fixed under minimum wages Act.
2) Fixed amount of Rs. 25,000/- per annum for incurring expenditure on stationary, printing etc
3) One time financial assistance of Rs. 1,00,000/- (One Lakh Only) for procurement of Desktop Computer, UPS, computer Table, Cupboard, Table and Chairs etc.
4) Rent per annum for the premises using for office purpose as per the rent certificate issued by PWD (Bldg Division), State of Goa.
The application in the prescribed Form to be submitted to the Zonal Agriculture Officer along with
a. Notification in case of the constitution of the Forest Rights Committee/s under the Forest Right Act
b. Notification in case of the constitution of the Committee to manage Forest Community resources under the Forest Right Act
c. Registration Certificate in case of Farmers cooperative
d. Resolution of the Gramsabha
e. Brief project report on the activities which will be undertaken for the development and growth of agriculture, management of community forest produce or registration of claims of the forest dwelling scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Forest Dwellers.
f. Constitution and composition of the Farmers co-operative or of the committees constituted under the FRA
g. Rent Certificate issued by PWD (Bldg Division), State of Goa.
h. Land Ownership documents/NOC from the owner.