Organisation : Government of Nagaland
Scheme Name : Nagaland Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS)
Applicable State/UT : Nagaland
Website : https://cmhis.nagaland.gov.in/
|Want to ask a question / comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
What is Nagaland Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme?
Nagaland Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) is a public Health Insurance scheme by the Government of Nagaland to provide free Health insurance Cover of ₹5 Lakhs per family per year. The Scheme is a step towards fulfilling The Nagaland Sustainable Development Goal Vision 2030, which states that “by 2030, Nagaland will ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all ages by providing equitable, affordable and quality healthcare services to the people of the state”.
The Scheme will cover (1) State government employees and pensioners including ex-legislatures and their dependents, which is categorized as CMHIS (EP) and (2). all the indigenous and permanent residents of the State who are not covered by AB PM-JAY and are not State government employees and pensioners including ex-legislatures, which is categorized as CMHIS (GEN).
Eligibility of Nagaland Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme
Who are Eligible under CMHIS (GEN) Category:
1. CMHIS (GEN) category includes all Indigenous and/or Permanent residents of the State who are not beneficiaries under the AB PM-JAY or any other public funded health insurance scheme of the government and who are not covered under CMHIS (EP) category.
2. CMHIS (GEN) category also includes non-dependant family members of CMHIS (EP) categories, employees without PIMS number, contractual, adhoc, fixed pay employees of the State government and contractual employees under various CSS, and their household members.
Who are Eligible under CMHIS (EP) Category:
CMHIS (EP) category includes State government employees who are eligible for monthly Medical Allowance (MA) and or reimbursement of medical expenses under Medical Re-imbursement scheme viz (1). Regular employees, (2). Pensioners, (3). Serving Legislators/ Ex- Legislators, (4). Employees of State Public Sector Undertakings, Corporations and Autonomous Bodies, (5). Workcharge employees (on Scale Pay), and their dependent family members.
How To Register For Nagaland CMHIS Scheme?
Go to the below link to register for Nagaland Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme CMHIS
Register Here : https://cmhis.nagaland.gov.in/login
FAQ On Nagaland Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On Nagaland Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme
What is the definition of Family under CMHIS(EP)?
The term ‘family’ means and includes- “Husband or wife as the case may be and dependant family members.”
Who are the dependent family members under CMHIS(EP)?
a. Parents, sisters, widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and minor sister, children and stepchildren wholly dependent upon the Government Servant and are normally residing with the Government Servant/ Pensioner”. Also includes, dependent divorced / separated daughters and stepmother. Elaborated as follows:
1) Son: Till he starts earning, gets married or attains the age of 25 years, whichever is earlier.
2) Sons above 25 years who are unmarried and unemployed and suffering from any permanent disability as per the Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016.
3) Daughter: Till she starts earning or gets married, whichever is earlier, irrespective of age limit.
4) Dependent daughters who are divorced / abandoned or separated from their husband/widowed, irrespective of age limit.
5) Dependent sisters who are unmarried/ divorced / abandoned or separated from their husband/widowed, irrespective of age limit.
6) Minor brothers upto the age of becoming a major (18 years).
b. The term dependency means that income from all sources including pensions and pension equivalent of Death-Cum-Retirement Gratuity (DCRG) benefit is less than Rs. 9000/- plus amount of DA on Basic pension of Rs. 9000/- per month.
1. The dependency clause shall not apply to spouses.
2. Families where both spouses are government employees/ pensioners/ Legislator/ex-Legislator, shall be considered as a single household for the purpose of Insurance Coverage, ward entitlement for the merged household shall be according to the higher entitlement of any of the spouses.
a. For this, the spouse with higher entitlement should register in the State Beneficiary portal as head of household, and declare the spouse under his/her household.
b. However, dependency can be declared under any of the spouses in such households.
3. For a pensioner,
a. Apart from all the other dependency rules, dependents shall be restricted only to those already declared as nominees in the PPO book.
b. Only those with valid PPO numbers will be considered.
c. In case valid PPO number could not be found in the system, respective district treasury office will verify their details and forward for further processing.
d. The point of contact for any other issue with Pensioners (including PPO number) details shall be submitted to the concerned district Treasury Office to be taken up with concerned competent Authority, and issued proper PPO for availing benefits.
4. Entitlement for the family where both spouses are either government Employees/ Pensioners/ Legislators/ ex-Legislators (CMHIS EP category).
a. In cases where both spouses are CMHIS EP Category, and ward entitlement is as per spouse1 who has a higher pay level, in the event of death of spouse1, the ward entitlement of the household will revert to the ward entitlement as per the pay level of spouse 2.
b. In cases where both spouses are CMHIS EP Category, and ward entitlement is as per spouse1 who has a higher pay level, in the event of death of spouse2, the ward entitlement of the household will remain as per the ward entitlement as per the pay level of spouse1.
c. In cases where only 1 spouse (spouse 1) is an CMHIS EP Category, in the event of death of the Employee/Pensioner, the ward entitlement of the family pensioner household will remain as per the ward entitlement as per the pay level of spouse1.
d. In the case of existing family pensioners, who are also not government employees, ward entitlement will be only L1(General Ward).
e. In the case where a person is enjoying 2 pensions currently, both family and life pension, the ward entitlement will be as per the ward entitlement of the life pension.
f. In cases where a person is a serving Government employee/legislator and also drawing a pension or family pension, she/he will be considered an employee, and ward entitlement will be as per the serving employee pay level.
What is the definition of Household under CMHIS(GEN)?
1. A household is usually a group of persons who normally live together and take their meals from a common kitchen/common cooking unless the exigencies of work prevent any of them from doing so.
2. Institutional households- rescue homes, jails, ashrams, orphanages to be considered as a household under CMHIS (GEN) and all inmates shall be declared as household members, provided that such members cannot be linked to any beneficiary household under AB PM-JAY, CMHIS or other public funded insurance scheme of the government and satisfies the eligibility criteria of the scheme.
3. Existing PM-JAY Beneficiaries who were recorded in their parent’s household in SECC 2011, but has now married/formed separate household may also declare as household under CMHIS (GEN) category, provided their PM-JAY card is deactivated if already issued.
Who are eligible to be recorded as members of a household?
1. All persons normally living together are to be recorded as household members.
2. All persons normally living together but staying away from the household on a short-term seasonal migration and expected to come back within 6 months from the date of enumeration are to be recorded as member of the household.
3. In case the household head is staying away from the household for more than 6 months in the last one year, his/her individual particulars will not be recorded with the family. However, the household members currently employed in military/ paramilitary services will be recorded with their household.
4. Any Family/household members of CMHIS (EP) Category families who do not satisfy the Dependency criteria under the existing Central Services (Medical Attendant) Rules,1944, shall be eligible under CMHIS (GEN) and such members will be clubbed together and considered as a separate single household under CMHIS (GEN).
5. The Head of Household of CMHIS (EP) shall declare the non-dependent family members residing with the Government Employee/Pensioner at the time registration and a separate household ID shall be allocated to the non-dependent family members and treated as a household under CMHIS(GEN).