Organisation : Chandigarh Administration
Facility Name : Marriage Certificate
Applicable State/UT : Chandigarh
Website : http://chdservices.gov.in/Main.aspx
|Want to ask a question / comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Apply For Marriage Certificate Online in Chandigarh?
To apply for Marriage Certificate Online in Chandigarh, Follow the below steps
Step-1 : Go to the link http://admser.chd.nic.in/marriage/PortalUser/PortalLogin.aspx
Step-2 : Register and Login
Step-3 : Fill the Online Marriage Registration Certificate form and
Step-4 : Submit the form online.
Instructions On Marriage Certificate Application
1. Applicant submitting the application form from mobile application or web portal shall bring the following documents in original.
** The Appointment Slip
** Marriage Entry form (Available in DOWNLOAD Section) along with Court fee.
** Joint Affidavit (Specimen available in DOWNLOAD Section).
** Five Passport size joint photographs of Husband and Wife (Bride should be on left side of Groom).
** Residence proof of both applicants.
** Identity proof of both applicants.
** Date of Birth proof/ Age proof of both applicants.
** Atleast three distinct Postcard size wedding photographs.
** Proof of Marriage (Any one of the following)
a. Certificate from religious institution or priest who solemnized the wedding
b. Nikah Nama
c. Wedding Card
d. Proof of Hotel booking/Bills/Receipts/Permission from competent authority for venue booking.
** Self-Declaration form from witnesses (Available in DOWNLOAD Section).
** Identity proof of witnesses Groom side and Bride Side.
** Divorce Decree in case of Divorce.
** Death Certificate of spouse, in case of widow/widower.
** Late Affidavit for registration of Marriage in case application is submitted after 90 days of Marriage (Specimen available in DOWNLOAD Section).
2. NRI Applicant needs to mention his/her Passport Details i.e Passport Number, Social Security Number, Passport validity date while submitting application online. Passport must be valid at the time of appointment.
3. The Application form may also be scanned and uploaded properly along with other documents.
4. Keep the face covered with mask as per instructions of MHA.
5. Follow proper social distancing as per the instruction of MHA.
FAQ On Chandigarh Services Portal
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ On Chandigarh Services Portal
1.From where I can do the Registration for availing the Government Services covered under district Project?
2 Which services are available?
Services Marriage certificate, Income certificate, Residence certificate can be availed online, Rest of the services can be availed through Sampark centers. List of the services are available at http://chdservices.gov.in/services.aspx
3. How can I view the current status of my application?
Application status can be viewed at http://chdservices.gov.in/frmCurrentApplicationStatus.aspx
4. In which resolution site can be best viewed?
1024 * 768
5. How can I verify the issued certificates?
Certificates can be verified at this link http://chdservices.gov.in/frmVerify.aspx
6. Can I edit/delete/update the uploaded documents?
Documents once uploaded cannot be deleted/updated after final submit.
7. How do I receive my Certificate?
Citizens who have applied online may get the final certificate in their login and those who have applied through sampark centers get it from sampark centers.
8. What happens if the submitted application found incomplete?
An objection the department can be raised and the citizen can furnish the requisite information / document online or through sampark centers
Additional Simplified Procedure
To apply for a marriage certificate online in Chandigarh, follow these steps:
1. Visit the eDistrict Chandigarh website
2. Click on the “Citizen Login” tab.
3. Enter your registered mobile number and password to log in.
4. Click on the “Online Services” tab.
5. Select “Marriage Registration” from the drop-down menu.
6. Read the instructions carefully and click on the “Proceed” button.
7. Fill out the required details in the online application form.
8. Upload scanned copies of the required documents.
9. Click on the “Submit” button.
10. Pay the application fee online.
11. Take a print of the application form and acknowledgment slip.
12. Visit the Marriage Registrar’s office in Sector 17, Chandigarh, on the scheduled date for verification of documents.
13. Collect your marriage certificate after the verification process is complete.
** Copy of the address proof of both parties (e.g., Voter ID card, Passport, Driving License)
** Copy of the birth certificate of both parties
** Copy of the educational qualification of both parties
** Copy of the income certificate of both parties (if applicable)
** Copy of the passport-size photograph of both parties
** Copy of the marriage invitation card (if any)
** Copy of the affidavit of no objection from parents/guardians (if applicable)
** Copy of the court decree of divorce (if applicable)
For general category: Rs. 200
For SC/ST category: Rs. 100
The processing time for a marriage certificate application is usually 7 to 10 working days.