Organisation : E-Way Bill System
Service Name : Frequently Asked Question FAQ
Applicable States/ UTs : All India
Website : http://ewaybill2.nic.in/ewbnat2/Others/faq.aspx
|You can now ask your question regarding this facility. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
E-Way Bill FAQ
One Nation One e-Waybill for movement of goods throughout the country
Related : E-Way Bill SMS Based System : www.statusin.in/38711.html
1. I am not getting the OTP to my mobile, what should I do?
Please check whether you have blocked your mobile for SMS activating ‘Do Not Disturb (DND)’ facility for some cases or your mobile service provider network may be busy. You can also check your email-id for the OTP (if email-id is provided).
2. E-way bill system is slow, how should I proceed?
Please check your internet connectivity
3. E-way bill pages or menu list are not being shown properly, what should I do?
Please check whether your system has proper version of the browser as suggested by the e-way bill portal and the security settings of the browser.
1. How can the taxpayer under GST register for the e-way bill system?
All the registered persons under GST shall also register on the portal of e-way bill namely using his GSTIN. Once GSTIN is entered, the system sends the OTP to his registered mobile number and after authenticating the same, the system enables him to generate his/her username and password for the e-way bill system.
After generation of username and password of his choice, he/she may proceed to make entries to generate e-way bill.
2. Whenever I am trying to register, the system is saying you have already registered, how should I proceed?
This is indicating that already you (your GSTIN) have been registered on the e-way bill by entering the OTP sent to your mobile or email and created your username and password on e-way bill system.
Please use them to log into the e-way bill system. If you have forgotten the username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ to recollect your username or password accordingly.
3. Whenever I am trying to register, the system is saying there is no contact (Mobile) number with this GSTIN in GST Common Portal, how should I resolve this issue?
This is indicating that e-way bill system is unable to get the contact details (mobile number of email address) for your GSTIN from the GST Common Portal. Please contact the helpdesk (helpdesk [AT] gst.gov.in). for help.
1. Whenever, I am trying to login the system says ‘Invalid Login…Please check your username and password. How should I resolve this issue?
This is indicating that you are trying to login to the e-way bill system with incorrect username and password. Please check the username and password created while registering and now being entered.
If you have forgotten the username or password, then please use the ‘Forgot Username’ or ‘Forgot Password’ to recollect your username or password accordingly.
2. Whenever, I am trying to login the system says ‘Your account has been frozen’. How should I resolve this issue?
This is indicating that your account has been frozen because you might have cancelled your registration or your GSTIN has been de-activated by the GST Common Portal for whatever the reasons. Please visit the GST Common Portal to understand the reason for the same.
Cancelling e-Way Bill
1. Can the e-way bill be deleted or cancelled?
The e-way bill once generated cannot be deleted. However, it can be cancelled by the generator within 24 hours of generation. If it has been verified by any proper officer, then it cannot be cancelled.
Further, e-way bill can be cancelled if either goods are not transported or are not transported as per the details furnished in the e-way bill.
2. Whether the e-way bill can be cancelled? If yes, under what circumstances?
Yes, e-way bill can be cancelled if either goods are not transported or are not transported as per the details furnished in the e-way bill. The e-way bill can be cancelled within 24 hours from the time of generation.